Yum, would you look at that! This is one of our favorite salads and also, one of the first salads I ever made for Josh. This creation is an ode to a salad we enjoy at one of our favorite restaurants here in South Florida called Sette Bello Ristorante located in Fort Lauderdale. A restaurant we highly recommend by the way! To create this tasty salad you’ll need asparagus, pistachios, arugula, raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Lay washed asparagus (I like to chop the thick bottoms off) onto cookie sheet and spray with olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic to taste over the asparagus.
- Bake asparagus until tender.
- In a bowl, toss arugula with raspberry vinaigrette salad dressing. (We strongly recommend Cindy’s Kitchen of Brockton Raspberry Nectar Vinaigrette. It’s seriously the best!)
- In a small skillet, add pistachios and toast on stove top at medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Combine! Add your tossed arugula to a bowl or plate, lay asparagus on top and then sprinkle on the toasted pistachios.
Pretty simple right? I think you’ll enjoy the burst of flavor this salad provides. It’s healthy, quick and the perfect appetizer for any entrée you serve. Let us know what you think of our creation in the comment section!